Thursday, December 29, 2011

Another Bird Project

Yesterday I gave you a tour of my bedroom.
And I promised to show you how I made this bird artwork.



I kinda like birds.
I get on little kicks where I go crazy for something.
You haven't noticed have you? I've tried to branch out a little.
But right now, birds are the flavor of the month.

I found these pictures at the Graphics Fairy.
I always find such nice things on her site.

Here's how I did it.


- I had previously spray-painted the picture frames white and rubbed
   them with some wood stain in order to antique them up a bit.

- I printed the graphic out from my computer onto vellum, which is basically translucent paper.
  I printed out an extra one of each in case I made any mistakes.... It's a good thing I did.

- I cut them out, and I also cut out some clear contact paper 1/2 inch bigger then the vellum.

- I lined them up as straight as I could and I squeegeed
  them down onto the glass of the picture frame.
  It really is not perfect, they are a little bit crooked and the contact paper isn't even on all the sides,
  but it turned out great. So don't over stress, it's supposed to look old.

- I ran a little hot glue around the glass to secure it to the frame.

And here is where they live.


And here is what quite often happens in this corner of my room.


Who knew that this cozy bedroom corner saw so much war-strategy planning?


And while I made these cute little frames my husband changed the alternator in our car.

My work is prettier.

But, his job was the most useful, practical, needed, took the most skill...

Yea.... He totally outshone me there.
So I made him some cookies and that evens us up a little bit right?

I can make pretty things and bake and he can
perform difficult mechanical labor.

We totally balance each other out...

You're right, not even close. *sigh*

I'd better go and give him a big kiss before he decides to
find a woman who has more useful hobbies.

But she probably can't bake a decent batch of cookies.
I guess I have a better shot at hanging onto him then I thought.

Still, he deserves a big kiss.

Can you tell I'm typing this late at night again? I'm rambling.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Peggy said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial. I love birds.
Did you get the vellum from the scrap book section of paper? Not quite sure.
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand getting on little kicks, I do the same things! And wouldn't you know, I'm currently on a bird kick also lol

Wonderful tutorial, thank you for sharing :)

Rachael said...

@Peggy Yes, you'll find it in scrapbook paper. Thanks!

aimee said...

What a fab idea thanks for sharing xxx

Mary Neumann said...

I love your birds! What a great idea!

I'm new to Blogland and a new follower - looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Best wishes for a wonderful 2012!

Mary @sweetlittlebluebird.com

Lori said...

I'm a new follower...love your site. Stop by and visit and follow too if you like....I love new friends. Warm wishes, Lori

Leeann said...

I FINALLY found just the right frame at the thrift store and printed my Graphics Fairy selection on vellum and hung it in my foyer. It looks amazing, thank you so much for sharing this idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...