Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Will you be mine? #3 - Valentine Bunting

I have not been on top of things with decorating my mantel for Valentines Day.

I know, I know "Gasp! Whats wrong Rachael?"
I have been trying to think of something
thats not too over the top, a little understated, but still fun.

I tend to over do it when I get to decorate with pink.

So I came up with this bunting.


It was mostly a happy accident.

It was originally supposed to be a no-sew project.

I had the plain fabric out from a different project.
And I was looking for my fusible interfacing when I found this stuff,
which gave me additional inspiration.

I have been missing my good scissors for awhile now.
Ah, the rewards of clearing out clutter!

I was going to iron the interfacing to the back of the fabric,
cut out triangles and then hot glue everything to a ribbon.
You can still do that, if you want a no sew project. *wink*

But alas, I couldn't find my interfacing, so I had to sew.
Which is good because it turned out much better this way.

Heres how I did it

You will need:
2 kinds of fabric. A couple of fat quarters should be perfect.
Twine, ribbon, rope, etc. to hold it all together.
Paint - fabric paint is not necessary, craft paint is fine.
Freezer paper.
Tutorial for using freezer paper as a stencil HERE.




And thats that!
I think I need to make another one for my sons room.
I'll have to raid my stash of boyish plaids and stripes.


Love printable HERE.



Thanks!





2 comments:

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

this is so pretty, that striped fabric is perfect I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

I love this!!! I have a linky party on Tuesdays if you'd like to share :) ~nancy~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...